Sample a variety of color techniques while knitting in the round, including single-row and multi-row color stripes, Fair Isle knitting, intarsia in the round, and double knitting. Special attention will be paid to camouflaging color jogs.
Techniques to be covered
- Multiple-row stripes
- Eliminating color jogs
- Fair Isle knitting
- Intarsia in the round
- Double knitting in the round with two colors
- Optional: Single-row stripes
- Optional: Additional circular Fair Isle and intarsia techniques
- 1.75 oz (50 g) smooth #5 (bulky) yarn, AND 10 yd (10 m) each of 2 contrasting colors
- US 9 (5.5 mm) 16″ (40-cm) circular needle (measured from tip to tip)
- Stitch marker
- Sharp tapestry needle
- 2 safety pins (for optional exercise)
Cast on 60 stitches, join without twisting, and knit 3 rounds. If more stitches are needed to fit around the 16″ (40-cm) needle, please make sure you have a multiple of 6.