Double knitting is pure magic. Using one method, a piece worked flat opens up as if it had been knit in the round. Using another method, the image created on the front of the fabric will appear in reverse image on the back. Learn both methods to create a small bag and a two-sided coaster, while practicing appropriate cast-on, bind-off, and chart-reading techniques.
Techniques to be covered
- Double knitting a single-color tube
- Counting rows
- Double-strand cast-on (two colors)
- Two-color double knitting
- Reading a chart for double knitting
- Fixing mistakes
- Double-strand SSK bind-off
- Weaving in ends
- All knitting class sessions will take place online via Zoom at the appointed times only, and will not be recorded.
- A Zoom link will be emailed to each student 24 hours prior to each upcoming class session.
- The online instruction will consist of two windows: one with Sarah’s smiling face, and one with on-camera close-ups for demonstration purposes. Each student’s smiling face will also be viewable in a window.
- Each student will be responsible for using Zoom (super easy by clicking on a link) on an electronic device that is large enough for the instructor window and demonstration window to be clearly viewed.
- No refunds.
- Adventurous knitter and above
- MUST be comfortable with both knitting and purling
- 50 gms smooth, aran to worsted weight (4 to 5 sts/in) yarn in main color (MC)
- 50 gms smooth, aran to worsted weight (4 to 5 sts/in) yarn in contrasting color (CC)
- US 7 (4.5mm) double-pointed needles (you’ll only need three), or whichever size you would normally use with your chosen yarn
- US F (3.75mm) or G (4mm) crochet hook
- safety pin
- blunt darning needle