Geared toward beginners or as a crochet refresher, this two-part class will cover the slip knot, chain stitch, single crochet, double crochet, and turning chains.
Once you’ve got the hang of those, we’ll add a little magic to create playful fan-shaped granny stitches.
After a few simple stripes, your thoughts will already be wandering to your stash, making plans for a colorful granny-striped blanket.
But wait! There’s more!
You’ll be introduced to an easy beginning and a slip-stitch join, and then Bob’s yer uncle and the world’s your oyster, because NOW you can make granny SQUARES till the cows come home.
Tips and tricks will be included for choosing yarn, hook, and colors, for keeping your place, and for preventing a “crooked” square (nobody likes a crooked granny).
You’ll be hooked!
- All class sessions will take place online via Zoom at the appointed times only, and will not be recorded.
- A Zoom link will be emailed to each student 24 hours prior to each upcoming class session.
- The online instruction will consist of two windows: one with Sarah’s smiling face, and one with on-camera close-ups for demonstration purposes. Each student’s smiling face will also be viewable in a window.
- Each student will be responsible for using Zoom (super easy by clicking on a link) on an electronic device that is large enough for the instructor window and demonstration window to be clearly viewed.
- No refunds.
- worsted-weight yarn: approximately 100 gms each in four contrasting colors
- US size I or J crochet hook, or size appropriate for selected yarn
- locking stitch markers
- yarn needle (for weaving in ends)