It really IS your choice. You get to choose what you want to work on. Anything your heart desires!
You can ask me to:
- demonstrate a new trick or technique
- decipher a pattern
- figure out what you did “wrong”
- recommend suitable fiber types and yarn types for your project
- help you decide which size to choose
- guide you in tweaking a pattern for a better-fitting garment
- figure out where the heck you left off when you put that project in that bag way back when
- help you read your knitting
- hold your hand while you fix a mistake
- tell you where to pick up stitches
- coach you through some finishing tasks
- recite the Kitchener stitch for you
- or … (fill in the blank)
- All knitting class sessions will take place online via Zoom at the appointed times only, and will not be recorded.
- A Zoom link will be emailed to each student 24 hours prior to each upcoming class session.
- The online instruction will consist of two windows: one with Sarah’s smiling face, and one with on-camera close-ups for demonstration purposes. Each student’s smiling face will also be viewable in a window.
- Each student will be responsible for using Zoom (super easy by clicking on a link) on an electronic device that is large enough for the instructor window and demonstration window to be clearly viewed.
- No refunds.
- All skill levels are welcome here!
Please have everything available that’s related to your question(s):
- pattern or book
- any notes (gauge numbers, tick marks for rows completed, etc)
- swatch(es) (if any exist)
- yarn labels
- extra yarn and needles to practice with
- … (any other pertinent things)
It’s helpful to have anything you might need close by so you don’t have to go look for it:
- tapestry needle
- crochet hook
- ruler or tape measure
- needle gauge
- safety pins
- stitch markers
- stitch holders or scrap yarn to hold stitches
- cable needle
- chocolate 🙂
- … (anything else you can think of)
I’ll be ready to:
- “Zoom” at you from two screens: one showing my bright, shiny face and one showing my hands playing with yarn
- see what YOU’RE doing, and show you what I’M doing
- give you my undivided attention
- answer as many of your questions as I possibly can
- refer to my extensive collection of knitting/crochet/design/etc resources for answers or options, if needed
- try to convince you to swatch
You’ll be ready to:
- “Zoom” on the biggest screen you have available so you can see my bright, shiny face and my hands playing with yarn (desktop preferred over laptop, laptop preferred over tablet, tablet preferred over phone)
- SEE what you’re doing, and SEE what I’m doing (have a good light source, and have your eyeglasses within reach)
- show me your face (I’d rather see your face than your ceiling fan)
- give me your undivided attention
- bravely ask what you think is a silly question
- boldly ask a BUNCH of silly questions!
What I can’t do for you during our Zoom:
- go get your glasses for you
- find that stitch marker you dropped
- force you to make a swatch
- hold a tape measure up to your body
- knit the thing for you
- scritch your dog or cat between the ears
- have a bite of your chocolate 🙁
What you can’t do for me during our Zoom:
- hand me your knitting
- scritch my dog or cat between the ears
- give me a bite of your chocolate