This class is held on Zoom (two 2-hour sessions).
Using one method, a piece worked flat opens up as if it had been knit in the round. Using another method, the image created on the front of the fabric will appear in reverse image on the back.
Learn both methods while practicing appropriate cast-on, bind-off, and chart-reading techniques.
Adventurous Beginner (must be comfortable knitting and purling)
- 50 grams #4 (worsted-weight) yarn in main color (MC)
- 50 grams #4 (worsted-weight) yarn in contrasting color (CC)
- Double-pointed needles in size appropriate for yarn chosen, approximately 7″ in length
- Blunt darning needle
- Coilless safety pin
- F (3.75 mm) or G (4 mm) crochet hook
Techniques to be covered
- Double knitting a single-color tube
- Counting rows
- Double-strand cast-on (two colors)
- Two-color double knitting
- Reading a chart for double knitting
- Fixing mistakes
- Double-strand SSK bind-off
- Weaving in ends
- Optional: Single-color cast-on for two-color double knitting
- Optional: Condensed bind-off
- Optional: Double-strand garter selvedge
- Optional: Tubular cast-on
- Optional: Tubular bind-off