In this version of Sarah’s Custom Fit Sweater Design series, you’ll learn, as always, how to make a beautiful sweater to fit beautiful YOU. AND as always, you’ll take away skills and worksheets and the confidence to help you on your journey to a perfect fit.
This class was originally intended for knitters, but an adventurous crocheter would be more than welcome!
Our inspiration garment is a long-time favorite from Sarah’s closet: a simple shell with timeless style from Eddie Bauer. The sleeveless top features a simple outline, a gently curved neck, shoulder shaping, and good coverage (nobody gets to see my bra unless they’re buying me dinner).
Four sessions will cover:
- project planning, swatching, and getting started
- armhole shaping
- neck and shoulder shaping
- joining shoulders; adding neckband and armbands
- yarn (to be determined at first session, but please
- bring any yarns you are thinking about using
needles (appropriate for the yarn chosen)
- flexible measuring tape
- yarn needle
- stitch markers
- stitch holders or scrap yarn to hold shoulder stitches
- coilless safety pins
- pen or pencil
- ALSO, if you have any, PLEASE bring in one or more sleeveless tops that fit you nicely (we’re looking for any or all of the following: something that fits you nicely across the shoulders and/or around the body, a pleasing neckline, a flattering armhole, the perfect body length – you will use the measurements from these samples as a starting point for the pattern for your sweater).